STEP 1 :
You must become a member with Mardi Gras Productions to work at our Spectacular events. There is a $55 annual fee to become a member. You will receive a Mardi Gras Membership Card with an I.D.# and be entered into our system so that you will receive all current schedules, updates and space assignments.
STEP 2 :
Purchase a space in one of our events.
STEP 3 :
Get a New York State Certificate of Authority ( Sales Tax # ). It’s Easy to Apply For. There is NO FEE for this. It’s FREE.
• Just go here and Create an Account: https://my.ny.gov/SelfRegV3/selfreg.xhtml?app=nyappelic
• Select Apply now for a new license or permit
• Search for Application for a Certificate of Authority and complete it.
Then after you’ve received your New York State Certificate of Authority, please provide a copy to Mardi Gras Productions.
STEP 4 :
Apply for a TEMPORARY STREET FAIR VENDOR PERMIT.
There is a $10 per month fee. You can get a permit for 1 month or for several months. You must bring a letter from Mardi Gras (given upon request after purchase ) and your New York State Certificate of Authority (Sales Tax #).
After you’ve received your TEMPORARY STREET FAIR VENDOR PERMIT, please provide a copy to Mardi Gras.
Food vendors DO NOT NEED a TEMPORARY STREET FAIR VENDOR PERMIT.
Food Vendors need ;
• Food Protection Certificate
• Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit. (TFSE)
If you do not have a Food Protection Certificate, you must register for the Food Protection Course before you submit your TFSE application.
Food Protection Course
Free Online Training – It’s Easy to Apply For
Food Service establishments (FSEs) (e.g restaurants) and mobile food vending units with a valid DOHMH permit are not required to obtain a separate TFSE permit. A copy of the FSE’s permit must be submitted to Mardi Gras . A copy of the FSE’s permit must also be kept onsite at the event and available upon inspection.
Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit. (TFSE)
Go to http://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/business/food-operators/temporary-food-service-establishments.page for information on how to apply for your TFSE.
WHAT MUST I DO TO BECOME A Mardi Gras MEMBER ?
• Download the MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION form below, fill it out and sign at the bottom.
• Then, you can either FAX it to: (212) 809-7345 or
EMAIL it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You may call us for assistance anytime at (212) 809-4900.
• Office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:30am - 2:30pm.
IF I CALL THE OFFICE, WHAT INFORMATION MUST I HAVE READY ?
• Your Name.
• A description of the item you wish to sell. (BE SPECIFIC)
(You can only sell one type of item per Member I.D. #)
Mardi Gras is equipped to handle this over the phone in just minutes.
You can also visit our office. We accept cash, credit card or money order only. Absolutely NO CHECKS.